Interested in Joining our Team?
We're looking for someone great to complete our team at Texas Watch. Interested? Find out more about the position below.
DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Texas Watch, an established and respected Austin non-profit dedicated to consumer protection and civil justice, is seeking a Development & Operations Coordinator for immediate hire. Texas Watch takes on powerful special interests, making for a work environment that is fun, fast-paced, and challenging in the best sense.
The selected candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and will have primary responsibility for all fundraising and administrative functions of the organization. They will report directly to the Executive Director and will work with him on projects on an ongoing basis. We are mission- and team-oriented, so an ability to work well with a group of driven individuals is paramount. Integrity, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, as well as a positive, outgoing, and resilient personality are crucial attributes for this position.
This is a full-time position with health and retirement benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Primary fundraising contact, working to retain current donors, regain past donors, and attract new donors
- Planning fundraising events, including some travel (approx. 2-4 days per month)
- Managing donor database, including updating contact information and gathering potential donor information
- Managing vendor and other financial accounts, including bookkeeping
- Clerical work, including file management and phone answering service
- Associate's degree
- Coursework in accounting and/or experience with bookkeeping
- Proficiency with office-related software, including Quickbooks and Excel
- Fundraising or sales experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Non-profit or association experience
- Proficiency with donor management software (e.g. EveryAction)
- Proven record of high-dollar fundraising
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing relevant skills and experiences, their resume, and two references for review. Please include "Development and Operations Coordinator applicant" in the subject line (email to email@example.com). Applications lacking a cover letter will not be reviewed. Applicants who will be interviewed will be notified no later than July 1st. Interviews will take place during the week of July 8th.