Interested in Joining our Team?
Texas Watch is seeking a new Development & Operations Coordinator. Details follow and please see the full listing on Indeed.com. We're a great place to work! The deadline to apply is June 30, 2022.
DEVELOPMENT & OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Texas Watch, an established and respected Austin non-profit dedicated to consumer protection and civil justice, is seeking a Development & Operations Coordinator for hire. For over twenty years, Texas Watch has taken on powerful special interests at the Texas Capitol, protecting the rights of hard-working families. Learn more at www.texaswatch.org and on our social media platforms (linked on our site). We fight the good fight and have fun doing it!
The selected candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and will have primary responsibility for all fundraising and administrative functions of the organization (and its sister non-profit, the Texas Watch Foundation, a 501(c)(3)). They will report directly to the Executive Director and will work with him on projects on an ongoing basis. We are mission- and team-oriented, so an ability to work well with a group of driven and creative individuals is paramount. Integrity, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, as well as a positive, outgoing, and resilient personality are crucial attributes for this position.
This is a full-time position with health and retirement benefits. Salary is competitive, based upon experience and qualifications.
- Planning in-person fundraising events
- Working to retain current donors, regain past donors, and attract new donors
- Managing donor database, including updating contact information and gathering potential donor information
- Writing grants
- Administrative work, including bookkeeping, file management, and coordinating office needs
- Connecting activists, tracking stories, and developing citizen actions (such as petitions to lawmakers)
- Developing email communications through targeted email software
- Associate Degree
- Coursework in accounting and/or experience with bookkeeping
- Proficiency with office-related software, including QuickBooks and Google Suite
- Fundraising or sales experience
- Proven record of strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% of the time around the state, when safe to do so
- Availability some nights of the week to attend in-person events, when safe to do so
- Bachelor's degree
- Non-profit or association experience
- Proficiency with donor management software (e.g. EveryAction)
- Proven record of high-dollar fundraising
- Hybrid work environment (in-office once or twice a week)
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent paid time off benefits
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match
- Monthly paid staff lunches, other team events
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing relevant skills and experiences, their resume, and two references (ATTN: Ware Wendell, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org) for review. Applications will be accepted through June 30. Interviews will take place (via Zoom) on July 6-8. The selected candidate will begin work on July 25.