The Rundown - April 2022
In this month's episode of "The Rundown," Executive Director Ware Wendell updates the public on storm scams, patient safety, worker safety during the pandemic, and a resource that may help you lower sky-high medical bills. Be sure to check out the links provided below.
1) Storm scam reporting by Christian Flores of CBS Austin (Video/Article): https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/between-tornados-and-brushfires-advocates-warn-against-scams-and-insurance-delays
2) "Push for Change" by Matt Grant of KXAN (Video/Article): https://www.kxan.com/investigations/texas-medical-board-lawmakers-push-for-change-after-kxan-medical-transparency-investigations/
3) "Still Practicing: Tracking Dangerous Doctors" series by KXAN (Video/Article): https://www.kxan.com/still-practicing/
4) "System Letdown: Worker Safety, Harm and Compensation in the Age of Covid-19" report by the Center for Justice & Democracy (Link): https://centerjd.org/content/system-letdown-worker-safety-harm-and-compensation-age-covid-19
5) "Here's Exactly What to do When You Get an Outrageous Medical Bill" by David Epstein of Slate (Article/Podcast): https://slate.com/technology/2022/04/medical-bills-outrageous-how-to-lower.html
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your recommendations.