HB 1437 and SB 554 make fair appraisal mandatory in Texas auto policies. And HB 4194 makes important improvements to the appraisal process. Appraisal is a process that allows you and your insurance company to determine how much a repair will cost. After a car crash, insurance companies often lowball claims, trying to “repair” your car on the cheap. Repairs must be done safely, according to the manufacturer’s specifications, to protect you and your family. Fair appraisal, with protections built in to prevent delay tactics, can help you resolve disputes with your insurance company quickly, so you can get back on the road with the confidence your repair was done safely.
HB 1321 will ensure quality auto parts are used to make quality repairs that follow accepted safety standards. And it will prevent insurance companies from steering people to their "preferred" body shops. Every Texan should have the right to a quality repair, made in a quality repair shop of your choice, using quality parts – without insurance companies bullying us.
Auto insurance companies are trying to take appraisal away in policies, which will hurt you and your family financially. Claims must be paid on time and in full. Please take one minute to call your lawmakers to tell them that we need a right to fair appraisal and the right to a safe repair in all auto policies in Texas! Fair appraisal leads to safe repairs, and safe repairs save lives!
Legislative advertising paid for by Ware Wendell, Executive Director, Texas Watch, P.O. Box 42198, Austin, TX 78704.
How to Make the Call:
1. Fill out the form below with your name, address, email, and phone. Please have your phone nearby!
2. Press "Call Me."
3. Our system will immediately call you, and talking points will display below to guide you on your conversation with lawmakers' offices.
4. Our system will connect you with four state lawmakers' offices. When you are finished with each call, press star (*) to continue to the next.
5. Please thank each office for their consideration of this legislation!
- Please support HB 1437, SB 554, and HB 4194.
- HB 1437 and SB 554 make fair auto insurance appraisal mandatory, and HB 4194 makes important improvements to the appraisal process.
- These bills will help policyholders when insurance companies lowball the value of the loss.