Thank you for calling lawmakers to oppose HB 19 and SB 27. Our system will call you (expect a call from a (202) area code number) and automatically connect you to your Texas State Representative, State Senator, and the Lieutenant Governor. Please press star (*) to continue to the next call.
Here are some talking points to consider as you are on the line:
- I am your constituent, and I ask you to oppose HB 19 and SB 27.
- These bills create specialty courts with judges appointed by the governor, not elected by the people.
- I want to elect my judges. Judges should serve us – the people – and not the governor.
- We have the ability to hire good judges and fire bad judges through our vote. These bills take away that right.
- Please oppose HB 19 and SB 27.
Remember to press star (*) to continue to the next call.